Director of Marketing
- Telluride, Colorado
- Full Time, Salary
At Western Rise are on a mission to prove that style, performance and function do not have to be mutually exclusive.
Designed, developed, and tested at 8,750ft in Telluride Co we are crafting the future of sustainable performance apparel. Stylish, multifunctional clothing that looks amazing and performs even better; allowing you to do more with less in any situation whether that’s travel, outdoor, or everyday.
We are looking for a world class Director of Marketing to join our growing team. Reporting to our Co-Founder and Creative Director, you would oversee all aspects of Western Rise’s brand strategy, campaign execution, design and copy, creative production, PR & communications, events, partnerships, social media, and content. You will optimize design, copywriting, and content strategy while working closely with our performance marketing team to design and deliver Western Rise’s overall marketing strategy. The objective will be to build on Western Rise’s existing brand position by driving awareness and making the brand even more relevant and compelling. As a key member of the leadership team, you’ll be instrumental in crafting and evolving our brand story by providing innovative and cutting-edge marketing solutions. You should be a natural storyteller and strategist with a passion for connecting with consumers in non-obvious and creative ways and building a community of passionate customers.
- Brand Strategy: Develop a brand marketing strategy that aligns with business objectives and is implemented across all marketing channels (paid, owned, and earned); steward and evolve the brand architecture to maximize awareness; establish customer-friendly product marketing criteria for ease of shopping.
- Community Building: own strategy for building and collaborating with the Western Rise community. This includes talking with users to understand their experience on the site and with our brand as well as fostering the movement and reason behind the brand to activate the community.
- Paid Acquisition: You will manage our external agency efforts across Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Google Adwords, Etc to maximize for CAC, AOV and LTV.
- Creative Services: Oversee key areas including graphic design / art direction, and content creation; oversee outside creative help and assist with photo shoots, budgets, production; maintain / improve workflows between creative services and key internal customers including performance marketing, product / merchandising, digital product and corporate.
- Social Media: own strategy for key social media channels, blog and influencers; continue to drive content and audience growth in line with targets.
- Email: own strategy for weekly emails and oversee email list growth in line with targets. Create all audience segments for weekly email newsletters. Constantly be thinking of ways to innovate and improve upon current email strategy
- Partnerships and Events: identify and manage brand partnerships including collaborations, press, or promotional events both directly and in partnership with product / merchandising team.
- PR / Corporate Communications: Develop and execute messaging strategies to maximize reach and impact across consumer, trade, business, influencer touchpoints; manage external agency and internal PR resources; establish Western Rise stakeholders as thought leaders in key areas of expertise.
- Analytics and Reporting: Serve as primary growth representative in company-wide meetings to report on campaign performance, and what’s coming down the pipeline.
- Review: Hindsight all campaigns and drive conversations to amplify what worked and rectify what did not.
- A supportive and helpful team player that takes initiative
- Extensive experience in brand management for a consumer / eCommerce brand, marketing strategy, or advertising.
- A demonstrated track record of creativity, leadership, and driving business results in growth oriented companies.
- Being a practical, hands-on marketer.
- Strong management and leadership experience, with the ability to lead a team and drive multiple cross-functional projects.
- Ability to build relationships and work cross functionally, partnering with Performance Marketing, Digital Product, Merchandising, Customer Service, and Operations teams
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills and copywriting abilities, including with respect to product merchandising.
- Highly analytical and can use data to help quantify brand impact
- Strong brand and creative instincts and comfort leading and inspiring creative teams.
- Demonstrated experience managing up with a high degree of autonomy and self-awareness.
- Extremely organized and adept at managing timelines, budgets and reporting.
- Experience managing and getting results out of agency and strategic partners.
- Wit and a sense of humor.
- Familiarity with the Western Rise brand and a passion for travel, outdoors and apparel.
- Experience with Shopify, Facebook Ads Manager, and Adobe is a big plus.
- Technically savvy
- Interested in pursuing training and development opportunities to build knowledge and skills.
- Willing to roll with the ups and downs of a startup and willingness to fill multiple roles as needed.
- Health insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Competitive salary
- Great location
- Free Western Rise gear
- Telluride or local ski pass
Sound like something you would be great at?
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Include your resume and e-mail cover letter. Tell us in 2 sentences why you’d be a great Director of Marketing and why you’d be a great fit on the Western Rise Team.
- Link us to your LinkedIn profile and/or any other social accounts like Instagram/Twitter/Pinterest/Dribble.