Ultra fine Merino Wool is quite simply the best natural performance fabric available.
Traditionally, wool is perceived as an itchy, scratchy, hot fiber meant for sweaters or fine suiting. Only recently has the technology evolved for Merino Wool to become incredibly soft, machine washable, and an amazing performance fabric.
The reason why Merino Wool works so well as a performance fabric is because the coat of the Merino sheep has adapted to work over a wide range of temperatures. Merino sheep are hardy, alpine animals with a coat that insulates in the winter, breathes in the summer and is exceptionally soft and lightweight. Merino fibers are ultra-fine, ranging from 12-25 microns. The finer the micron of the fiber, the smoother the fabric.
Technology in the last 30 years has seriously improved the ability to sort wool more effectively. This allows the finest fibers to be isolated and aids in the creation of an ultra fine micron fabric. Advanced sorting combined with a super-wash process which removes scales from the wool makes wool fabric softer, less scratchy, machine washable and easier to wear over a wider range of temperatures. This is what makes Merino Wool the ideal performance fabric.
MERINO WOOL BENEFITS
- Temperature Regulating - Merino naturally regulates temperature in both hot and cold environments. During times of high activity, merino has a unique ability to draw moisture into the core of the wool fiber, wicking moisture from the skin to cool the body while remaining dry to the touch. When the body temperature is cooler, the natural crimp of the fiber traps air and insulates the body, keeping you naturally comfortable over a wide range of temperatures.
- Bacteriostatic - Merino chemically reacts with the odor causing bacteria from sweat. The reaction contains the bacteria in the core of the fiber neutralizing the order which then releases in washing. This chemical reaction gives wool a uniquely high resistance to odor.
- Sweat-Wicking - Merino wool fibers can absorb large quantities of moisture vapor and transport it away from the body for evaporation. This makes Merino Wool clothing extremely breathable and less prone to clamminess.
- Elastic - Merino fabric moves with your body. The crimping structure of the fiber provides natural elasticity which helps wool garments stretch. This makes wool garments perfect for high energy activities.
- Soft - Ultra fine micron Merino Wool is luxuriously soft and comfortable.
- Sustainable - Merino wool is natural, biodegradable, and renewable. We source from farms that are cruelty-free, eco-friendly and ethical.
Ultimately, we believe Merino Wool is the most versatile performance fabric available, but don’t take our word for it. High quality, ultra-fine Merino Wool is something that must be experienced.
We look forward to bringing you multiple performance garments with this fabric.